Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Cub Scout Display


This past week, my little cub scout made the walk over the bridge from cub scouts to boy scouts.  He was awarded his Arrow of Light and the Pack made an awesome wooden display to hold it.

Over the years I have been slowly working on his display for all his patches, pins and belt loops he was awarded over the past five years.  This is the finished product.

The belt loop display was made last year for $1.50 using rulers and you can find the instructions on my blog.

The patches are ironed on to a large piece of felt.  I was able to find a package of blue felt on sale at Wal-Mart for $4.00 several years ago and bought two packs.  The sheets were large and I was able to cut them to make 6 of these displays and handed them out to the scouts.  

I kept the felt hanging in the closet by pant hangers and would add new awards after each ceremony.  This helped me keep everything together in one location.  

The felt works great if you use a hot iron on the patches.  I would hold (no steam) for about 30 seconds and let cool.  

The letters are just plain stickers and I found these block ones at Target.  You may need to use glue on these because after a while they start to fall off. 

Hope you like our display and you find it useful in creating your own!

If interested in a fun Boy Scout Activity, read about how to plan a Boy Scout Escape Room!  It was so much fun.
 

7 comments:

  1. I love this idea, can you tell me how wide x long the piece of felt is please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not measure it but I would say it was 35 inches long x 20 inches wide.

      Delete
    2. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


      Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

      Cm.

      Delete
  2. I would like to make this for my son! How big is the piece of felt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! How did you attache the neckerchiefs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dating for everyone is here: ❤❤❤ Link 1 ❤❤❤


    Direct sexchat: ❤❤❤ Link 2 ❤❤❤

    nt. .

    ReplyDelete