Total Pageviews

Friday, February 21, 2014

Rosa Regale



The first wine I ever tasted and loved was Rosa Regale.  I'm not much of a beer drinker because I can't seem to like the taste and they all taste the same to me.  Wine on the other hand is more sweet and smooth on the tongue.  My first glass of this wine was free which sort of made it even better.  For my 9th wedding anniversary, We had a romantic night at The Melting Pot and our waiter (upon finding out it was our anniversary) brought us a glass of this wine with a fresh strawberry.  The food and the wine was the best part of the night, with the wine becoming my all time favorite.

I will never forget the first taste.  Rosa Regale is a sparking, semi-dry red wine.  It was sweet, unlike a lot of wines I have tried since, but not to sugary that left that need to brush my teeth after drinking feeling.  It has a nice hint of strawberry but not enough that it overpowers the drink and it really goes well with chocolate covered strawberries.   

Rosa Regale is made in Italy is the small production zone the Brachetto d’Acqui Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita (DOCG).  It is made from 100% Brachetto grapes exclusively grown at La Rosa Vineyard.  The single red rose on the label represents this vineyard.
 
This wine is rather hard to fine so I normally will buy out the stock when I happen to find it in my local stores.  I've paid between $19-$25 per bottle which is rather pricey for an every day wine.  But I can promise you, you will love every drop.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment