Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 17, 2022

Portions Master All in One Plate Review

I stumbled across this product and found it interesting enough to buy to try out. I purchased it from Amazon in February for around $30. I've been using 21 Day Fix containers for many years now but I have to confuse that trying to keep track of how many containers I have used and what foods go into each one, wasn't that easy. 
 
 
What I really liked about the product is that it was made in the USA. However, when I got the product and opened the package, it is really made in Canada. That was a little confusing and should be fixed. I also read that this company is a Veteran owned one, but I can't really find any information on that either as a way to confirm it. Most Veteran owned companies has that posted all over their website. 
 
 
Instead of counting calories, you just need to dial to the goal weight you wish to be and fill the container with the right around of veggies, protein and carbs. The preset goal weights listed are 225, 200, 175, 150, and 125 pounds. 
 



For my experiment, I am using the goal weight of 125 pounds. I was interested in how much food each container held so I used dry beans to measure it out. At the 125 goal weight, you will be eating around 1/2 cup protein, 1/3 cup carbs, and 1cup veggies. My breakfast is normally always the same. One fresh egg (I'm lucky to have a friend that raises chickens!) with pepper and hot sauce, one piece of bacon (I use Great Value precooked bacon and pop it in the microwave for 15 seconds), sauteed spinach with red paper flakes and garlic and a glass of water (125 calories). 
 
 
For lunch, I would normally eat leftovers from dinner. For the days I didn't have any leftovers, my go to was a packet of Starkist Bold Tuna Creations Jalapeno, one red, yellow or orange bell pepper, four Triscuit Roasted Garlic Crackers and a banana (not pictured) (310 calories). 
 

For dinner, so far I have had steak bites, roasted potatoes and ten spears of asparagus (350 calories) or 2 slices of Oscar Mayer Carved turkey breast, buffalo cauliflower bites and homemade mac & cheese (300 calories). 
 




 
Using these plates, you are not supposed to snack but I do add a piece of fruit some time during the day and it hasn't seemed to hurt my weightless with this product. In the first week, I have lost a total of 4 pounds without any real gym time, just using this product. I have even allowed myself a zero sugar soda once a day as well. I know this isn't good for you but I love the taste and can't see giving up soda for life. I also make sure to drink plenty of water and green tea. 
 
Overall, I LOVE this product. It is a great tool to use in your weightless journey. There is no calorie counting or cooking special meals that your family will not eat. This just opens your eyes to how much food you are really eating at one meal. If you eat out a lot, you will notice that one of those fast food meals is close to ALL the calories you are supposed to eat all day. 
 
Air Fryer Garlic Butter Steak and Potato Bits 
Steak 
Potatoes 
Olive Oil 
Salt/Pepper 
4 tablespoon salted butter 
5 Garlic cloves (minced) 
2 tablespoon fresh parsley (finely chopped) 
1. Chop potatoes into bite size pieces. In a bowl, mix olive oil and salt/pepper. Cook in preheated air fryer for 5 minutes at 320f. 
2. While potatoes are cooking, cut steak into bite size pieces. In a bowl, mix with olive oil, parsley and salt/pepper. 
3. Add steak on top of potatoes and cook for 6 minutes at 320f. 
4. Give the pan a shake and cook for an additional 5 minutes at 400f. Check to make sure potatoes is cooked and steak is at 165f. 
5. While steak is cooking, melt butter in a pan with garlic for approximately 1 minute. Cover steak before eating. 
 
Homemade Mac and Cheese 
3 cups Macaroni, cooked 
1 cup Heavy Cream 
3/4 small box of Velveeta Cheese, cut into small chunks
1 cup Shredded Cheese (I like Mexican blend) 
1 tablespoon Butter 
1. Cook Macaroni, drain. 
2. Add butter. After butter has melted, add heavy cream and velveeta. Mix until velveeta chunks have melted. 
3. Pour into 9x9 greased glass dish. Add shredded cheese to top. Put into preheated oven until cheese melts (350f for 10 minutes or longer for a darker crust).

No comments:

Post a Comment