Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Goodbye 2014 and Hello 2015


As I say goodbye to 2014, I look back on the year and everything that has happened.  I can truly say that it has been an amazing year and I was able to accomplish my goals.  

The first was to get healthier in body and mind.  This year I was able to drop 20 pounds and even ran in 10...yes TEN...races.  I came in third in one and last in another but it still feels amazing to have completed just one.  I'm not much of a fan of running so for me to sign up for TEN is worth wild anyway!  I now go to the gym at lunch and either run or work with weights each day.  I have even put in a small gym at home so that I can keep it up over the holidays and winter months.  

You can check out my Nutrisystem post in regards to how I started eating right.  I'm no longer on the program but still use the idea of it as my base for making better choices in what and when I eat during the day.  I can't say that I still don't have a treat more then I should but I have been able to keep the weight off...even over the holidays!
Another goal was to build more confidence in myself and to not shy away from dating anymore.  Lets face it...I'm not getting any younger and I don't want to end up a cat DOG lady.  Although I really do love my fur baby.  To get myself started in this challenge was not easy.  I've been divorced for 5 years now and I spent most of that time making peace with everything that happened and finally letting those feelings (good/bad) go.

I waited months before I finally signed up for Match and Plenty of Fish to try my luck at online dating.  Let me just give you a hint on this one.  If you are looking for a relationship...try Match.  If you are looking for a good laugh, nut jobs or a hook up...try Plenty of Fish.  Boy was it a rollar coaster ride.  

I really did have some great dates with only one being BAD.  I literally had to run away from this guy and almost crashed my car.  Note to ladies...never go to a guys house who wants to "fix you dinner" even if you respect him because he is in the military.  I learned my lesson.  He was a nice guy and all but we wanted totally different things (hint my match vs. plenty of fish comment earlier).

Now most were really good dates and even though there was no "love" match, I was able to make some pretty cool friends with some great guys.  One date we laughed so hard at dinner that the staff gave us a free bottle of champagne because they thought we were celebrating our anniversary.  Another one was a kayaking/hiking date.  That knocks a movie/dinner date off the charts any time.  I'm a huge fan of anything to do with water so I was in heaven that day....and the guy wasn't bad either.     
  
There was other goals like getting back into church, working on the house and getting organized that I was able to also complete as well.  

So I'm ready to let 2014 go and work on my goals for 2015.  With each year I find the old me again and I feel stronger...happier.  This upcoming year, I hope to travel....A LOT.  There is so many places I want to see and so many things I want to do that I'm finding now is the time to do it.  I also want to continue to better myself and I need to do more volunteering.  I was lacking in that area in 2014 and really kind of missed it.  Another goal is to write more and stay off of social media as much.  Writing has always been my lifeline so I really need to focus on that more which is why I'm blogging.  Last will be to challenge myself a lot more.

I had a boss once tell me that my mind was always busy and I'm the type of person that will always need a challenge to keep me going.  I think he was right.  That is what I crave and seemed to do good at. 

I've found a bunch of these 30 day photo challenge things that I am planning on doing all year.  My goal is to post one for each month with the daily challenge listed within.  It should be something to keep me busy all year!

Thanks to all who take the time to read this.  I hope all have had an amazing 2014 and that 2015 is even better for you.  Best wishes to all!  Until next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment