Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas


Published on May 1, 2018
Published by Bloomsury
Pages: 229
Amazon ($10.79) Hardback
The long awaited moment has arrived and I couldn't wait to start reading the fourth book in the A Court of Thorns and Roses trilogy.  Somewhere along the lines of my excitement, I must have skipped over the part about this book being a novella of new books to come because it really didn't live up to my expections.  Where was the storyline????

This book takes place after the war in A Court of Wings and Ruin (Book 3) and has the point of views from: Feyre, Rhysand, Cassian, Morrigan and Nesta.  I was disappointed with the lack of plot of this book other then everyone suffering from trauma of the war and trying to find the perfect gifts for the upcoming holiday.  THAT is pretty much all of the 229 pages and had me walking away not liking how the characters, who I had fallen in love with in the other books, had turned out.

Maas has pretty much turned Nesta into a drunk that sleeps with anyone.  Tamlin is now nothing more then a shell of the powerful guy he used to be.  Feyre is still having issues with painting.  Cassian, Azriel and Mor are just big babies.   Elaine hangs out with the staff most of the time.  Lucien is mad at the world.  And Rhysand is always busy and forgets to eat. 
 

My favorite quote:
"You look like an angry snowball," Cassian said.

The only part of the book I really liked was when they were finally all together but even that seemed to have lost the fun banter.  I'm going to keep the faith that the next book will be much better and I will be able to fall back in love with the characters.  Although, I am wondering if Nesta's story will be more "adult" type of book instead of the "young adult" style I prefer.  I would give it 2 stars and that is only because I love the author.  You could just skip this book and wait for the others to come out.  Maas could have just taken the these chapters and rolled them into the first few chapters of the books for each character instead of making this mixed point of views.  It wasn't worth the $11 price tag.

On a positive note, if you pre-ordered the book and submitted your invoice, you were lucky enough to get this collector pin of the mountain and three stars.  Before reading the book I didn't really get the pin but there is a part in the book that explains what it means.
  
There is also a sneak peak for the next book as an added bonus which sounds like it will be Nesta and Cassian's story.  That was pretty much the best part of the book.  The rest of the book wasn't really needed.  A Court of Mist and Fury is still my favorite book out of the trilogy.

A Court of Thorns and Roses (Book 1)
A Court of Mist and Fury (Book 2)
A Court of Wings and Ruin (Book 3)

No comments:

Post a Comment