Total Pageviews

Friday, May 11, 2018

FitVine Wine - Sauvignon Blanc


Per 5oz.
90 Calories
3g Carbohydrates
0.2g Sugar
13.4% Alcohol
If you are a wine drinker and also a fitness nut, then these wines are for you.  I first heard of FitVine Wines via an add from my local store and thought I might give them a try.  I'm always up to try a new wine and the low sugar content did have me wondering what the taste would be like.  I made a special trip to the store and grabbed a few different bottles. 

I really couldn't find much on the FitVine company but their website states they use an extended fermentation process which lowers the sugar levels you would find in other wines.  This process allows the average 5oz glass to be around 90-95 calories, 3 carbohydrates, 0.2 grams of sugar and up to 13.9% alcohol content (depending on which wine you drink).  There process also allows the wine to be gluten free and vegan friendly.
 
The first bottle I wanted to try was the Sauvignon Blanc which goes for about $18 a bottle.  I am no wine connoisseur, but I loved the clear yellowish coloring and the light peach and passion fruit flavor.  Even though I prefer a more sweet wine, I found this one really pleasant and I didn't miss the sugar that makes other wines so sweet.  I'm excited to try the rest!
 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment